Monday, February 27, 2012

This blog is going to be about all things dog.  I think humans have too much of a presence on the interwebs. My guardian is going to type for me since I'm all pads when it comes to writing.  She promises not to put words in my mouth and let me say what I want.

My name is Steve Merle and I'm 19 weeks old - approximately, I'm not really into calendars and I don't have a memory that goes that far back.  Humans seem to think I'm unusual looking and make a big deal about my coat.

My mom is a Walker Hound and my dad is an Australian Shepherd.  You  might be curious what that mix looks like and, just so you know, I was the only one like me in the litter.  Four of my siblings were black with white feet and looked like hounds, the other three had the fur, coloring, and build of the shepherds.  And then there's me!  I have the coat and build of a hound, with the recessive blue merle marking.  This is me on the ride to my new home with my human family. I am only about ten weeks old in that picture.  Aren't I cute? Yes, I do have striking eyes.  The right eye is blue and the other is half blue and half brown.

Steve
I have TONS of energy, especially first thing in the morning!  I like to take things from my humans and hide them.  Shoes and socks are my favorites!  They keep trying to hide them from me, but I'm sneaky and wait for any opportunity.

Soon I'm going to start a Puppy Relationship building class.  I'm not sure exactly why, I go to work with my main human to Paws at the Corner and play with my best friends Izzie and Aspen.  We like to chill on the sofa by the window together.

Aspen, Izzie, and Steve
I get along well with dogs and people,  but sometimes I get nervous.  Everybody seems to like my name.  I guess Steve is unusual for a dog.  My owner likes Steve Earle and since I'm a blue merle she thought Steve Merle would be cool.  Bowen, one of my boys, thinks I should be named for Stevie Ray Vaughan.  I hear children don't always have the last word on these matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment